This AVIXA™ One-Day workshop brings our CTS Prep Online course out of the theoretical and into the practical. With a range of instructor-led hands-on activities, participants will develop a much deeper understanding of real world AV activities. The one day course will focus on the programme phase of a project, plus some associated project management techniques.
Students, working in small groups, will begin by gathering information about a prospective AV project and work through the stages to develop a programme report. Along the way, they will conduct a needs analysis, a site survey, and a mock benchmarking visit.
From the information they have gathered, each group will then produce a document detailing changes required to the site and a scope of works, plus a work breakdown statement and Gantt chart.
Who Should Attend
This course will particularly benefit anyone who is preparing to sit the CTS exam, as well as those working in sales and estimating or consulting roles in the AV industry.
Dive into the Basics of Networking
New to the AV industry? Need a fundamentals refresher? Learn the basics of networking from an AV perspective in this one‐day course.
Who Should Take This Course:
• Those new to the AV industry, who design, implement, maintain or manage networked AV
• Staff who need to build their technical knowledge on networking
• Review how to discuss AV network requirements with your IT stakeholders
• Compare and contrast the most common network‐based AV transmission protocols
• Interpret IP addresses and subnets
• Identify network security threats and countermeasures
• Use common network diagnostic tools and perform basic network troubleshooting
• Explore networking concepts on your own computer to see how they work with